couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: show/list
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:58:18 GMT
Any application that uses CouchDB as a pure database doesn't need show and list handlers. They
are simply useless, in fact I didn't implement (yet) them in ElephantOnCouch library because
I don't see any use case for them. And I'm not sure if I will never implement them, probably
not. If you are using Ruby, Python, PHP, you'll never produce HTML directly from CouchDB,
because there are frameworks in plenty with template engines aimed to do the job.
I don't know the history about show and list, but they remember me Lotus Domino. Of course
you need them if you are developing a CouchApp.

-Filippo