couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB: Binary for 64 Bit Windows
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:11:34 GMT
From: Hank Knight Hank Knight
Reply: user@couchdb.apache.org user@couchdb.apache.org
Date: 11. Oktober 2013 at 21:47:56
To: user@couchdb.apache.org user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject:  CouchDB: Binary for 64 Bit Windows

>I am only able to find binaries for the 32-bit version of CouchDB for
>Windows:
>https://couchdb.apache.org/#download
>
>Where can I find binaries built for 64-bit Windows?

Hi Hank,

I'm the maintainer of our Windows port. At this point there are no 64-bit couch builds. I've
got some rough ideas on what's required to implement this, but no particular motivation to
do this vs other things I'm involved in at present.

Is there something specific you want this for?

I'm happy to help anybody else who is interested in developing this, but most of it will be
working through the arcane build scripts on Windows.

After we shift CouchDB's build system across to rebar and Erlang/OTP releases the build process
will become significantly easier, and producing a 64-bit build is going to be a *lot* less
of a headache.

MfG/Cheers
Dave Cottlehuber