couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Diagnosing Replication Issues
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:55:26 GMT

On Oct 18, 2013, at 8:37 AM, Matthew Woodward <matt@mattwoodward.com> wrote:

> it replicated everything *but* the design
> documents. Noe clue why it left out only the design documents.

I don’t have an insight into your larger problem, but I do know about this one: The reason
is that for security reasons only administrators can install design documents, but a persistent
replication by default runs as an anonymous user. To fix that you’ll need to add credentials
to the replication document (I don’t recall the details, but they’re in the API docs.)

> I then went into the replicator tool in Futon and kicked off a one-time
> replication and that picked up the three missing design documents

That worked because you were logged into Futon as an administrator, so the one-time replication
it kicked off for you was authenticated as an admin.

(Actually your larger issue might be permissions-related too, if your target database has
access privileges configured. If so, authenticating the replicator as a user with write permission,
and admin privileges, would fix everything.)

—Jens