couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Doc Not Restored After PURGE
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:26:43 GMT

On Oct 23, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Jay Clark <jclark@maf.org> wrote:

> What about if a COMPACT were performed on theTarget before replicating again from theSource?
Does that affect replication and which docs get checked?

No, compact doesn’t affect sequence numbers or replication checkpoints. (In normal circumstances
you don’t want checkpoints to be invalidated, because it makes the next replication really
slow, as it has to compare the revisions of every single document.)

There might be a property you can set in the replication’s JSON spec to force a reset from
sequence 0; I can’t recall now whether that exists or what it’s called.

—Jens