couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:50:54 GMT

> >> On Oct 30, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
> >> My goal is to have a website managed by the Apache CouchDB project where
> >> the neutrality, privacy and independence is guaranteed. Having a system
> we
> >> can host where all the content is under the apache license would make
> sure
> >> it is. I don't want to force anyone interested to go on a private owned
> >> website whose the business mode is still to come, provide his login or
> >> having to read some advertising just to find answers.

RE: proposing an in-house alternate to SO/SE

(And first let me say that while I benefit greatly from SO/SE Q&A, I am a
longstanding critic of the moderation, scoring and the original creator
whose name I shall not type)

Benoit's stated goals are noble, but

"One does not simply pave cowpaths thousands of miles away from the cows.
Unless one is ready for a long, grueling, and fatality-ridden cattle
drive[1]" --North Dakotan Proverb

[1] Lonesome Dove[2] is probably my favorite all time show
[2] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096639/