couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Deibert <mark.deib...@gmail.com>
Subject Having troubles with rewrites
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 22:47:00 GMT
I have Couchapp. It's working fine. Today, sadly, I decided to try
rewrites. I'm having a good bit of trouble with this. Docs offer very
minimal help. Not sure where my gears are stuck.

Here is my local.ini vhosts entry...

[vhosts]
rnr.couchdb:5984 = /rednecks/_design/_rewrites

I created a _design/_rewrites doc in the rednecks db. Here is it's
content...

{
   "_id": "_design/_rewrites",
   "_rev": "8-1cd78f53e0b21331bc9f9d8d33d1725b",
   "rewrites": [
       {
           "from": "home",
           "to": "/_design/rednecks/app/index.html",
           "method": "GET",
           "query": {
           }
       }
   ]
}

In Chrome I enter http://rnr.couchdb:5984/home and I get this error...
{"error":"not_found","reason":"Document is missing attachment"}

It seems to me that the "to" in the rewrite is not finding the design
doc and it's attachment. That doc definitely does exist because the
app runs great if I turn off the rewrite and just enter the full ugly
path.

The _design/rednecks and the _design/_rewrites docs are in the same
path/folder in Couch. The info in docs.couchdb.org, section 3.7 is
very light. It doesn't even mention how the "to" path is figured. From
what path does it start? No mention of that. Nice docs. In the CouchDB
Wiki, they've cut/pasted the same documentation and added almost zero
additional info. Someone did attempt to add the "to" path info at the
bottom, but it's not really English that I can understand. So that's
not helpful.

So... I'm hoping someone here can help me get unstuck :-)

Thanks for any advice,

Mark