couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Deibert <mark.deib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Design Question: What is a Good Model?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:34:54 GMT
@Florian: It's not that simple. Pirate Ben's question was...

"But what is the best way to retrieve the "favorites" associated with
a specific
user?".

This will require 2 tables, perhaps 3. 2 if you go with the flatter
approach of putting the favorites in an array attrib in the user. 3 if you
want a favorites linking doc with user-2-event. I think it will be 2
queries to get "user's favorite events" info regardless of whether you do 2
or 3 docs. I think I'd opt for the 2 table version.