couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:45:30 GMT
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013, Filippo Fadda wrote:

> Someone told me to not argue with you and I don't. :-)

 People making such comment to you are stupid and are just perverting any
real discussion by commenting in the hidden. I am only considering and
trusting people acting in the open .

Anyway I'm not saying OSQA doesn't fit the CouchDB community needs, I'm
> just saying OSQA can't be compared with StackOverflow in term of
> functionalities. StackOverflow is a complex software system with versioning
> management, moderation based on votes, synonyms, it uses extensively
> ElasticSearch, it provides a way to query its data.
> OSQA is just a simple clone with basic functionalities that doesn't scale,
> made for personal use or minor communities. Different things for different
> jobs. But if you don't trust, like or simply you don't want use an external
> service like StackOverflow, OSQA can be an option. Just remember that the
> project is not active anymore, and there is a cost related its
> administration.

This also what they are sayiing on their website. I am not which scale we
really need but the admin cost is really smth w should take in
consideration.

- benoit