couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:54:42 GMT
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM, matt j. sorenson <matt@sorensonbros.net>wrote:

> where
> system
> > we
> > sure
> owned
> >

> RE: proposing an in-house alternate to SO/SE
>
> (And first let me say that while I benefit greatly from SO/SE Q&A, I am a
> longstanding critic of the moderation, scoring and the original creator
> whose name I shall not type)
>
> Benoit's stated goals are noble, but
>
> "One does not simply pave cowpaths thousands of miles away from the cows.
> Unless one is ready for a long, grueling, and fatality-ridden cattle
> drive[1]" --North Dakotan Proverb
>
> [1] Lonesome Dove[2] is probably my favorite all time show
> [2] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096639/

there are people that goes directly at the farm to look for the milk, and
the others that go at the mall. I prefer the first one, the milk is always
better.

ie why do you think it is more difficult to people to ask and answer to the
questions on the project website than on a generic website where you are
not sure to find the right answer?

For me it is just like posting an issue. And we could even share the
credentials. By hosting the website and moderate ourself we will somehow
validate the quality of the content. People will make sure to find the
right persons.

- benoit