couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: osqa
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:46:32 GMT
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> I discovered recently OSQA which is an opensource QA system which is more
> in phase which what I described sometimes ago to handle the questions and
> such things from any user. I wonder if someone already tested it and if it
> would be a good fit for us:
>
> http://www.osqa.net/
>
> thoughts?

I have a bit experience with http://askbot.com/
https://github.com/ASKBOT/askbot-devel

The main problem of such systems is the users expectations: if you
have an issue, you'll ask on SO / ML. That's trivial. If you look for
some solution, google will suggest you also SO. It would be hard to
promote our OSQA instance as the main place of users support.
Otherwise this would be yet another system that need to be monitored
for support.

But they are good for intranet sites for sure.

--