couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Diagnosing Replication Issues
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:37:07 GMT
I have one particular database (out of 18) for which I've configured
continuous replication in the _replicator database that is behaving
strangely.

The first thing I noticed is that new documents added to the source
database are not added to the target database. I deleted the document in
the _replicator database on the target server and recreated it, but the
behavior is the same.

I then deleted the database entirely from the target server, created an
empty database, and then added a document to the _replicator database again
to do continuous replication, and it replicated everything *but* the design
documents. Noe clue why it left out only the design documents.

I then went into the replicator tool in Futon and kicked off a one-time
replication and that picked up the three missing design documents, but the
target database STILL does not pick up changes on the source database. I
can add new documents to the source and they don't show up on the target,
and I can delete documents on the source and they aren't deleted from the
target. If I do a one-time replication from the replicator tool it fixes
the problems.

My other 17 databases configured in the same way are working fine.

What might cause this, and what's the best way to go about troubleshooting
this problem?

Thanks.

--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.