couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Calle Arnesten <calle.arnes...@codekick.com>
Subject Bug? Database compaction keeps re-running continuously on CouchDB 1.4
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:17:49 GMT
Hi,

I recently upgraded from CouchDB 1.2 to 1.4. I have noticed that the database compaction is
running more or less all the time during the allowed compaction time. Is there a known issue
for this with 1.4?

The compaction is completed on each run and the reported database size is smaller on the first
run during the compaction time. But then it starts again for the same database, and when completed,
starts again, etc. It's like it thinks that the database is still fragmented even if it's
not.

The databases are quite large (~5GB), so it's not the case that many documents have had time
to change during the compaction time.

These are my settings:
[{db_fragmentation, "20%"}, {view_fragmentation, "20%"}, {from, "03:00"}, {to, "11:00"}]

The harddrive is not full, it has about 70GB of free space.

I have a large percentage of deleted documents, if that might be a reason for the issue/bug.

I don't have the same problem for view compaction.

Best regards
Calle Arnesten