couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Views return content type plain text
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 02:38:54 GMT

On Sep 4, 2013, at 5:04 PM, Stanley Iriele <siriele2x3@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh I'm familiar with that aspect of things I just find it curious that the default it
text plain.

It's just so that you can type CouchDB URLs in the address bar in a browser and see the response
inline instead of having it be downloaded to a file.
IMHO a pretty lame justification for returning the wrong content type, but we’re stuck with
it apparently. (And it has annoying side effects, like if you use a tool like httpie that
knows how to pretty-print JSON responses, it doesn’t do so for CouchDB.)

—Jens