couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chung, Yang" <>
Subject Re: Replication through proxy does not work?
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:19:01 GMT
Hey guys,

I tried to simplify the issue by allowing all in ACL, and this time the issue was with internal
target CouchDB at localhost. I had the same 'db not found' error for target db at localhost.

So, I configured http_access deny localhost set on Squid, but the same error.

Finally, I changed to bind_address of CouchDB to, and changed the ip address of target
to actual IP address (not localhost), and it worked.

It seems like using proxy uses proxy server even for request to localhost. I think it should
be changed such that it doesn't forward the request to proxy server when the target or dest
IP address is localhost.

From: Franck Eyraud <<>>
Date: Sunday, September 8, 2013 2:09 AM
To: "<>" <<>>,
Yang Chung <<>>
Subject: Re: Replication through proxy does not work?

Ho Chung,

Doesn't couchdb try to access<> using the proxy?

I learnt that to access the local DB as admin, it is better to use the user_ctx key, you don't
have to give the password in clear text in the replicator document.

"Chung, Yang" <<>> wrote:

Hey guys,

I've been trying to replicate certain database from external source to local destination using
proxy, and it keeps failing with the following error message.

{"error":"db_not_found","reason":"could not open [EXTERNAL SOURCE COUCHDB]"}

It works fine, though, if I remove "proxy" key.

I am making a POST request to 'http://localhost:5984/_replicate' with the following JSON data.

"doc_ids":["id1", "id2"],

Is there known bug for replicating via proxy? Or can it be a configuration issue on my proxy

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
E-mail confidentiality.

This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications
plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action
based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from
your system.

Spirent Communications plc
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300