couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chung, Yang" <Yang.Ch...@spirent.com>
Subject Replication through proxy does not work?
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 01:18:32 GMT
Hey guys,

I've been trying to replicate certain database from external source to local destination using
proxy, and it keeps failing with the following error message.

{"error":"db_not_found","reason":"could not open [EXTERNAL SOURCE COUCHDB]"}

It works fine, though, if I remove "proxy" key.

{"ok":true,"no_chagne":…..}

I am making a POST request to 'http://localhost:5984/_replicate' with the following JSON data.

{
   "source":[EXTERNAL SOURCE],
   "target":"http://admin_user:admin_password@127.0.0.1:5984/my_test",
   "create_target":false,
   "continuous":false,
   "doc_ids":["id1", "id2"],
   "proxy":[PROXY ADDRESS:PORT]
}

Is there known bug for replicating via proxy? Or can it be a configuration issue on my proxy
server?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
E-mail confidentiality.
--------------------------------
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications
plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action
based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from
your system.

Spirent Communications plc
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300