couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing apps through replication?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:56:37 GMT
Hey Max, you should check out garden20.com its a whole ecosystem around
sharing apps via replication, and to have a bit of a unified interface for
managing installed apps, and navigating between apps. Its all opensource,
and on github via https://github.com/garden20

The sign up process is a bit broken at the moment. It used to setup brand
new couch on iriscouch and configure it with a garden for a user, but you
can do the same by following these directions:

http://kan.so/docs/Setting_Up_A_Garden

We have used it at medic mobile to distribute apps to underserved health
care regions via a branded marketplace. It also works well with
https://github.com/garden20/gardener to run node modules bundled with a
couchapp (if you want to powerup your couchapp).

I really want to make the initial garden setup into a new couch plugin that
Jan has setup. I think it would be a good candidate for that. My time has
been a bit limited lately, but any help I for sure can give pointers.

Ryan