couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: View files 3x larger when moving from CouchDB 1.2 to 1.4
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 19:51:59 GMT
It's likely you've not got compression running/set e.g. snappy or similar.

Any more details?

On 11 September 2013 21:00, Calle Arnesten <calle.arnesten@codekick.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I replicated the databases of a CouchDB 1.2 server to a brand new CouchDB 1.4 server.
However, I noticed that the hidden view directories now take up about 3 times more space than
before. For example on the 1.2 database one of the hidden view directories took 30GB and now
it takes 90GB. What is the reason for this drastic file size increase? Can I change a setting
to have it behave as 1.2?