couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: couchdb crashes silently
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:04:27 GMT
NIF scheduler issues could be a reasonable suspect;

 heart: Fri Sep 13 20:59:36 2013: heart-beat time-out, no activity for
15 seconds

15 seconds is a *long* time however.

1.4.0 needs 14B04 or higher I think due to one of our dependencies, so
I'd suggest reverting back to that & seeing if you are having any
other issues.

Also, probably unrelated, why is kernel polling disabled?
And also likely unrelated, what sort of boxes are these running on,
and and are your baseline performance / throughput metrics holding up?

On 15 September 2013 15:59, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> But, again, R15 is also new enough to have scheduler problems, if that turns out to be
your problem then this change should also fail the same way. I trust R14B01 through extensive
punishment, and recommend it.