couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: couchdb crashes silently
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:28:09 GMT
My gut feel is that some OS thing is killing off beam and the usual
suspect for that is OOM. I see you've noted nothing wrt in logs
though.

On ubuntu > 12.x this works:

ps -ef |grep beam
# you'll see 2 processes, so do this for both pids
cat /proc/$PID/oom_score
124
# echo '-1000' > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj
# cat /proc/$PID/oom_score

only other advice I can offer is to login & run as sudo <couchdb_user>
`couchdb -i` for a while, it's interactive mode and *maybe* something
useful will be left…