couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Carr <d.douglas.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _active_tasks replication progress stuck at 98
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 23:32:00 GMT
Hi Simon.

There's 2 design documents. The account doing the replication has admin
privileges on it's instance of couchDB, but not on the machine it is
pulling from.

I think I see what you're getting at. I did the following things (in order)

1.  Poll localhost/_active_tasks
        checkpoint_source_seq: 251,
        source_seq: 255

2.  Poll remotehost/_changes
        last_seq: 255

3. I modified a document (not a _design document) on remotehost.

4. Poll _active_tasks on localhost:
        checkpoint_source_seq: 256,
        source_seq: 256

5. Poll remotehost/_changes
        last_seq: 256

So, what happened? seq 252-255 were modifications to a document that the
client does not have permission to read, and this caused the changes feed
to ignore it, thus returning a last_seq that was lower than the "true"
last_seq? However, the replication processes have the 'true' last_seq, and
_active_tasks somehow gets both of them?

If so, is this behaviour common knowledge, or desirable?