couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: How long will a non-continuous replication keep trying?
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:38:55 GMT
Actually I dont think continuous replication does not retry indefinitely
(sadly), As far as I remember, both continuous and one off replication use
the same failure mechanism, failed replication attempts will retry the
request a specified amount of times (max_replication_retry_count) defaulted
to 10, each retry after a failure will wait double the last retry wait time
(up to a maximum of 10 minutes)

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/src/couch_replicator/src/couch_replicator_manager.erl#L472
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/src/couch_replicator/src/couch_replicator_manager.erl#L635