couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <jason.h.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 1.4 features: Plugin system
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 12:45:38 GMT
Hi, Aurélien.

I think LDAP is a great candidate to convert to a plugin. The foundation is
there however it is still more developer-focused than user-focused.

Probably the best starting place is Jan's example plugin:

https://github.com/janl/my-first-couchdb-plugin

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.benel@utt.fr>
wrote:

> No idea?
> Any plugin expert out there?
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > In version 1.4, the feature that excites me the most is the plugin
system. I see it as a way to foster innovation on CouchDB, letting people
test unstable features, without having to weaken the core of CouchDB.

> > However, I haven't found much on the Web about what can be done exactly
as a plugin, and how difficult it is to turn a "feature hidden in some
developer’s git repository" into a plugin.

> > As an example of a long forgotten (yet needed) feature, let's take the
LDAP authentication handler (
https://github.com/chao/couchdb/commits/ldap_auth). Could it be turned into
a plugin? Would it be easy?