couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication through proxy does not work?
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 16:25:52 GMT
Hi,

Replicating through a proxy should be working just fine, more likely
it's a problem with the proxy itself. What are you using?

B.

On 7 September 2013 02:18, Chung, Yang <Yang.Chung@spirent.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've been trying to replicate certain database from external source to local destination
using proxy, and it keeps failing with the following error message.

> {"error":"db_not_found","reason":"could not open [EXTERNAL SOURCE COUCHDB]"}
>
> It works fine, though, if I remove "proxy" key.
>
> {"ok":true,"no_chagne":…..}
>
> I am making a POST request to 'http://localhost:5984/_replicate' with the following JSON
data.

> {
>    "source":[EXTERNAL SOURCE],
>    "target":"http://admin_user:admin_password@127.0.0.1:5984/my_test",
>    "create_target":false,
>    "continuous":false,
>    "doc_ids":["id1", "id2"],
>    "proxy":[PROXY ADDRESS:PORT]
> }
>
> Is there known bug for replicating via proxy? Or can it be a configuration issue on my
proxy server?

> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
> E-mail confidentiality.
> This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent
Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of
any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden.
If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
it from your system.