couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject database limits: how many dbs can I have in one couchdb instance
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:37:49 GMT
Hi all,

meanwhile the patch for "validate_doc_read" is not applied I am studying
different workarounds.

One valid solution for our use case is to create a db for each user and
store the user specific stuff in that db.
That has the benefit that we can limit the access to that db with the
standard security mechanism and we do not
need to fall back to middleware logic.

The biggest problem I see in the approach is that we need to know what
is the max number of "user" db
we can have in one instance. Regarding the size of this db it is
expected to be a couple of smaller docs.

Somebody has experience with that? Like rule of thumb do not deploy more
then 10k databases in one instance ...

TIA for any thoughts.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/