couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: Put method
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:06:28 GMT
Hello Ashraf,

in CouchDB doesn't exist the concept of table or entity, as you can find in the entity relational
model. Everything is a document in CouchDB, that means both student and message are documents.
Here you have two different document types: student and message. So, in your model, you have
to add a new property called 'type' to distinguish between a student and a message.
You don't need to GET the student, you just need to store a new document to save your message
for him.

Here the student document structure:

	_id
	_rev
	type: 'student'
	name
	age

Here the message document structure:

	_id
	_rev
	type: 'message'
	senderId
	recipientId
        title
        body

I think you can understand the meaning of each property yourself.

-Filippo