couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Myung <dmy...@dimagi.com>
Subject "reverse" view - find out views that a doc affects?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:12:49 GMT
Is there a way or a mechanism or trick or hack of some sort to find out for
a given doc I deposit to couch to find out what views it affects? Is there
a record of doc ids being operated upon in a design doc reindexing
operation?

for various reasons, we're looking to reduce the number of view call round
trips that our application does on couch, and were looking to cache the
view response...but invalidation due to *new* docs that could show in the
view (that we haven't seen) has been preventing us from going further down
this route.

Thanks

Dan