couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Franck Eyraud <franck+couchd...@yrnm.net>
Subject Lots of requests with continuous replications (every 5 seconds)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:31:41 GMT
Hello list,

I didn't find the answer to the following questions using Google :

Why does Couchdb send a GET request to the database every 5 seconds
while replicating continuously ? Doesn't the replicator use the _change
API (with heartbeat functionality) anyway ? And if there is a need to
poll aserver alive, 5 seconds seem very often to me.

Plus, it seems it adds some fee issues in some cases :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18254772/hanging-replications-on-cloudant

I don't have the issue above yet, but in the case of an application
where clients can replicate so that they can run offline, this would
result in a loot of requests. Is there a way to avoid this ? To make it
less often ?

Thank you for your help,

Franck Eyraud