couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bill Foshay <bill.fos...@noteandgo.com>
Subject Re: Scaling with filtered replication
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:25:25 GMT
Robert Newson <rnewson@...> writes:

> If you didn't
> have filters at all, but still had n^2 replications, you've still got
> a scaling problem, it's just not directly related to the filtering
> overhead.
>
> B.

Ignoring filtering, is there any idea roughly how many persistent
replications can be running before it starts to hurt performance. I know
this is a vague question, highly dependent on the system resources of the
machine hosting the database, the number of updates being made, etc. I'm
just trying to get a rough idea if possible. Are we talking like on the
order of 100 replications, 1000s, etc?

Thanks,
Bill