couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
Subject Did not understand this part about CouchDB
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:17:27 GMT
Hello, I was reading about CouchDB here:
http://guide.couchdb.org/editions/1/en/why.html

The sentence is just above Figure 2 (which is roughly 2/3 of the way
down the page).  What I don't understand is why would concurrency
be impacted when latency is reduced?  Wouldn't latency reduce as
more processes are created to do more processing?

Or was this meant as a function of increased bandwith usage, as
reads/writes increase, the latency is increased, yes?