couchdb-user mailing list archives

From bryan rasmussen <>
Subject couchdb lucene, tricky query question
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:24:58 GMT

I have an application where users can look at other users stuff, if
they have permission. I want to allow full-text search of documents
but only of those documents the user self owns or the ones they have
access to.

so if I have fields like this:

"fields":{"value":"Defined by the Antarctic Treaty as everything south
of latitude 60°S. AQ domain names are available to government
organizations who are signatories to the Antarctic Treaty and to other
registrants who have a physical presence in Antarctica. \t  \tNo \tYes
.ar \t Argentina","membername":"pantagruel"}}]}

and I want to search in value: Antarctica and want to limit my results
to membernames that are allowed to see it I should have a query that
looks like what?

I was thinking like this

q=value:'Antarctica' AND (membername:pantagruel+membername:hosein)

with the list of membername inside of the rounded brackets expanding
as needed, any other way to do this?
Does this seem syntactically correct?

Bryan Rasmussen

View raw message