couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Eck <matthias....@gmail.com>
Subject Database too large for partition
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:56:25 GMT
Hello,

I have a CouchDB database that is on a 1TB partition on Amazon EC2.
Unfortunately the database now filled the whole partition and 1TB is the
size limit on Amazon EC2, so I cannot copy it to a larger partition.

1. I would like to get the database running again. Are there any files that
I can safely delete to save some immediate space so CouchDB will run again?

2. Any suggestions to solve this problem longer-term? Is it possible to
have a database spanning multiple partitions?

Thanks,
Matthias