couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Database too large for partition
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:13:41 GMT
" but you need space equal to the content of the database to do a compaction."

That's not true. You need space equal to the "disk_size" value from
GET /dbname. The only time your statement would be true is if you
compacted a database that you had just compacted and had made no
changes to. Compacting it again will just write the whole thing out
again. Obviously this worse case is also the case where there's no
point compacting anyway.

B.