couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Understanding 'Source database out of sync' error
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:21:02 GMT
The replicator checks the instance_start_time of both servers and
restarts the replication if they change. This is essential to ensure
we replicate everything. The reason it recommends increasing
max_dbs_open is that instance_start_time only changes if the database
has previously closed, and this is commonly because the LRU has done
so.

Does it sound plausible that you have more actively replicating
databases at either end than your current max_dbs_open value? I
believe the default value is 100.

B.

On 15 July 2013 18:09, Will Perry <Will.Perry@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm seeing the following error pop up when attempting to write a new document into the
_replicator database referencing a newly created database:

> checkpoint_commit_failure,<<"Source database out of sync. Try to increase max_dbs_open
at the source's server.">>

> The scenario I'm running is:
>
> 1.       On 2 couch nodes A and B
>
> 2.       Create a new database named 'Foo' on A, then on B
>
> 3.       Create a replication relationship on A to pull changes from B
>
> 4.       Create a replication relationship on B to pull changes from A
>
> This is failing at step 3 with a 400 (bad request) and Couch's logs are showing me the
error above. Incidentally, the same code used to work (on 1.2) - is there a known issue or
workaround?