couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: when replication hits wrong update_validation
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:36:43 GMT
It suffices to delete the checkpoint document, though I'm sure there's
a not-well known option for force a sequence. I'll hunt for it.

On 2 July 2013 20:16, Jens Alfke <> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM, svilen <> wrote:
>> a) can i force it to copy all again? i'm not sure if that "since" number
>> is kept in touchdb-localy or on server too.
> The checkpoint is kept on both sides to ensure consistency. I think you’ll need to
delete and recreate one of the databases (either on device or CouchDB) to reset the replication.
On iOS there is a “reset” property you can set in the replication spec to force starting
over, but I don’t think that’s implemented on Android yet.
>> b) how is this case handled in plain couchdb doing replication?
> The replicator isn’t supposed to treat a document as having been replicated unless
the PUT either succeeded or returned a 403 Forbidden status. The 500 error you got in this
case should have left the local doc’s status as unsynchronized, so the replicator would
try it again next time.
> Tracking the state of which docs have been synced and which haven’t is pretty tricky.
In the case of TouchDB / Couchbase Lite, here were a bunch of improvements made on iOS that
haven’t been ported to Android yet.
> —Jens

View raw message