couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: A good introduction to CouchDB and couchapps/webapps
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:51:45 GMT
Here you can find a books list on the subject:

Beginning CouchDB
CouchDB - The Definitive Guide
CouchDB and PHP Web Development Beginners Guide
Getting Started with GEO, CouchDB, and Node.js
Implementation of a distributed application using the document-oriented database CouchDB
Scaling CouchDB
Writing and Querying MapReduce Views in CouchDB

I think no one of them answers to your question actually, anyway it's a good start.

If you are a PHP developer you might enjoy using ElephantOnCouch client library, actually
the most complete library for CouchDB. The implementation uses alternatively cURL or PHP sockets
(by default), with full support for chunk responses, etc. To use CouchDB with ElephantOnCouch
you don't need to know CouchDB APIs at all, you just relay on the library itself.
ElephantOnCouch suite offers also a query server, EOCServer, that let you write map and reduce
functions in PHP.
You can easily install it using Composer.
The library is not yet official released but you can find it on GitHub:

https://github.com/dedalozzo/ElephantOnCouch
https://github.com/dedalozzo/EOCSvr

Documentation can be generated from source using doxygen. The Doxyfile is included.

-Filippo