couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: when replication hits wrong update_validation
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:16:54 GMT

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM, svilen <az@svilendobrev.com> wrote:

> a) can i force it to copy all again? i'm not sure if that "since" number
> is kept in touchdb-localy or on server too.

The checkpoint is kept on both sides to ensure consistency. I think you’ll need to delete
and recreate one of the databases (either on device or CouchDB) to reset the replication.
On iOS there is a “reset” property you can set in the replication spec to force starting
over, but I don’t think that’s implemented on Android yet.

> b) how is this case handled in plain couchdb doing replication?

The replicator isn’t supposed to treat a document as having been replicated unless the PUT
either succeeded or returned a 403 Forbidden status. The 500 error you got in this case should
have left the local doc’s status as unsynchronized, so the replicator would try it again
next time.

Tracking the state of which docs have been synced and which haven’t is pretty tricky. In
the case of TouchDB / Couchbase Lite, here were a bunch of improvements made on iOS that haven’t
been ported to Android yet.

—Jens