couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Will Perry <Will.Pe...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Understanding 'Source database out of sync' error
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:29:47 GMT
Thanks for the speedy reply.

When running the scenario, each node only has one user db (plus, of course _replicator and
_users) - there's a repl. Relationship setup for the existing db, but I can't see how I'd
get anywhere near 100 open dbs with this setup.

Might it help to 'warm up' these new dbs by running a few queries against them before trying
to replicate?

Cheers,

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Newson [mailto:rnewson@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 10:21 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Understanding 'Source database out of sync' error

The replicator checks the instance_start_time of both servers and restarts the replication
if they change. This is essential to ensure we replicate everything. The reason it recommends
increasing max_dbs_open is that instance_start_time only changes if the database has previously
closed, and this is commonly because the LRU has done so.

Does it sound plausible that you have more actively replicating databases at either end than
your current max_dbs_open value? I believe the default value is 100.

B.

On 15 July 2013 18:09, Will Perry <Will.Perry@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm seeing the following error pop up when attempting to write a new document into the
_replicator database referencing a newly created database:

> checkpoint_commit_failure,<<"Source database out of sync. Try to
> increase max_dbs_open at the source's server.">>
>
> The scenario I'm running is:
>
> 1.       On 2 couch nodes A and B
>
> 2.       Create a new database named 'Foo' on A, then on B
>
> 3.       Create a replication relationship on A to pull changes from B
>
> 4.       Create a replication relationship on B to pull changes from A
>
> This is failing at step 3 with a 400 (bad request) and Couch's logs are showing me the
error above. Incidentally, the same code used to work (on 1.2) - is there a known issue or
workaround?