couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Rao, Zhiqing" <z...@qti.qualcomm.com>
Subject What's the best way to replicate a couple of big databases
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:59:18 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have a dozen of big databases which are about 100 Mb ~ 2GB, in win7 host( I can move to
linux server later) , and want them to be replicated daily to another
Couch server. However, I tried the following ways:

1)      Create the corresponding docs in the _replicator database in futon, it works one by
one, but sometimes the erl.exe crash and I

Have to restart couchdb;

2)      Use the replicate tools in futon, it works but can't be done automatically, and has
the same issue as #1,

3)      Use couchdb python interface to add docs into _replicator database, but failed;  However
I can add docs into my own created database like "test";

I wonder why I can't, but documents can be manually added into _replicator database within
futon?

Anyone can give me some suggestions on how to replicate a couple of big databases,
it would be preferred if can be automatically done by python or javascript.

Thanks,
Zhiqing