couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Two way replication question
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 19:14:46 GMT
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 07:47:10PM +0100, Robert Newson wrote:
> CouchDB will check that the current revision of every document is
> present on the target and will skip copying it if it is. In your case,
> the replication will not transfer any documents at all but will check
> every id/rev pair which will take some time.

Okay thanks.

Is this also true if I pull and push from the same machine.  That is,
if I set up pull replication on A to pull from B, in parallel with the
push from B to A?

My understaing is that the two replication jobs (push A to B, pull B
to A, both running on A) would be totally independent and would not
share information about B's db state.  Correct?

Thanks,
James