couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net>
Subject Re: Is this use case correct for Couchdb
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:12:22 GMT
Le Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:36:55 +0000,
Richard Schmidt
<Richard.Schmidt@metservice.com> a écrit :
> We are currently using a Oracle DB. A very expensive, and
> surprisingly unreliable way of storing documents. Out super reliable
> oracle appliance died and took out business with it.
> http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/metservice-promises-mid-morning-return-ck-141662

(this link says to me "you must be logged in to read this article")

I'm probably missing some information here, but why would the appliance
dying have anything to do with the software running on it? "NoSQL"
isn't a magic bullet against hardware failures and/or lack of backups.

Note, I'm not actively advocating against CouchDB here, I'm simply
surprised by the arguments you are giving for a migration.

Regards

Antoine.