couchdb-user mailing list archives

From mangvlad <mangv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Large views and concurrent access
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:58:51 GMT

I have a view that returns about 14,000 rows (about 1.5 MB in size).
Getting it back (GET request) takes abou 1 sec.

If I try to have 2 users (2 separate requests) accessing it at the same time,
the time to complete the request becomes 2 second.
(3 seconds for 3 users, 4 for 4, etc.).

The same happens,
when 2 users are trying to access two different views of similar sizes:
getting view 1 takes 1 sec, getting view 2 takes 1 seconds
but trying to get results from both in parallel takes 2 seconds....

More Info:

1. If/when I try to use limit=100 or other small numbers,
concurrency is not an issue,
but I need to have the full view for my app.

2. Using reduce is not an option, since I need to do dynamic filtering
(so I am using node.js to do the reduce, but it needs the complete view...)

I hope may be there is a config parameter to allow for this use case...

(maybe increase some buffers or memory?
1.5 MB is not even that large of a result...)

Thanks,
Vlad