couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Bonhage <quee...@me.com>
Subject Re: Strange problem replicating
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 18:40:04 GMT
Hey Ezequiel,

I have run into this several times when I have accidentally misconfigured my servers with
the same UUIDs (which are used for replication checkpointing):

Make sure that all of your couches have unique config value for [couchdb] uuid or just delete
the existing config value on your servers and restart, which will generate new ones.

This behavior is definitely a 'gotcha'; it's fairly new with the introduction of server UUIDs
and can be triggered unintentionally by simply following the noble goal of using the same
configuration files for all of your servers.

I hope that helps!

Christopher Bonhage