couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user Digest 7 Jun 2013 05:13:11 -0000 Issue 1365
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 06:37:55 GMT
"In fact, between you and me, before the Nodejitsu opportunity came along,
we were in the middle of revising the billing policy ourselves. Don't
worry, it was even better. Hey, we were doing "your log file is your
receipt" back before it was cool. We're over that now. :P"
-Jason Smith

Please explain the above and especially "We're over that now." in terms of
whether it turned out to be better or worse than what you originally
thought and what conceptually did you come up that might be better?

That model seems to favor big data - big docs folks and makes it relatively
expensive for community sites environments with huge number of "chatter
sized" message docs.  What do you think?

In the meanwhile, congratulations and good luck in your new role.

-Zdravko