couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Ezequiel Naftali" <enaft...@pisol.net>
Subject Re: Strange problem replicating
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 14:10:39 GMT
Hi Chris,
thanks for your answer. We are really worried about this.

We have changed  UUIDS algorithm first to random in both servers

[uuids]
algorithm = random

and then we deleted that line and we are still having the same problem in both cases. Is anything
else I should do?
(I restarted the service after the changes)

Thanks,

Ezequiel Naftali

From: Christopher Bonhage
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:40 PM
To: Ezequiel Naftali
Cc: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Strange problem replicating

Hey Ezequiel,

I have run into this several times when I have accidentally misconfigured my servers with
the same UUIDs (which are used for replication checkpointing):

Make sure that all of your couches have unique config value for [couchdb] uuid or just delete
the existing config value on your servers and restart, which will generate new ones.

This behavior is definitely a 'gotcha'; it's fairly new with the introduction of server UUIDs
and can be triggered unintentionally by simply following the noble goal of using the same
configuration files for all of your servers.

I hope that helps!

Christopher Bonhage