couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replicator instructions
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:51:16 GMT
Robert, thats where the confusion started.  I had read in a thread that the _replicator database
would not be exposed in the future.  I guess I warped that statement into meaning that its
"going away".

Jens, because I thought _replciator was going away, I had figured theres some other place
to persist replicator instruction docs.

I should have thought on it more, _replicator database is _the_ solution to resuming replications
between server restarts.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion guys.  Thats what I get for not brewing on my question
a little more.

Best,
sb

On Jun 3, 2013, at 11:10 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> Also, the _replicator database isn't "going away". What you might have
> seen is a conversation about not exposing it as a full-fledged
> database, an action which would reduce confusion and problems for many
> people. We've not decided to do that yet but, if we did, we'd prepare
> release notes with the details. We would certainly not be removing the
> ability for couchdb to persist replication jobs to disk for resumption
> after network issues or server crashes.
>
> B.
>

> On 3 June 2013 18:58, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>
>> On May 31, 2013, at 11:32 PM, Stephen Bartell <snbartell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Where does the replicator store its instruction docs?  I'm not talking about
the _replicator database.  I read in some jira issue that the _replicator database may even
go away.

>> What do you mean by “instruction docs”? The _replicator database is the only
thing that fits that description.