couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: virtualizing databases
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 20:51:17 GMT
No worries!  I did not try with basic auth.  My user facing apps all authenticate with cookies.
 And that is what does not work.  I tested this by setting up a proxy handler to a remote
database with the same security as the local database.  I then accessed the database via futon
and attempted to log in. It didn't work.  Maybe proxying cookies is a bug then?

On May 31, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Stephen Bartell <snbartell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Benoit, I mentioned that in my email.  I'll repaste it here:
>>
>> By the way, I gave https_global_handlers a try.  This seems to work fine if the database
is local.  However, it doesn't work if the destination is remote and authentication is involved.
Is this because the remote database does not have a session? Is it because auth isn't passed
through the proxy? Is this a bug?

> i misread that part sorry :) Did you try to pass the auth in the url ?
> ie. http://user:pass@....
>
> if it doesn't work, adding that feature should be easy.
>
> - benoit
>

>> On May 31, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

It still looks like its baking. What I need is something a little bigger than aliases though.
I'd like the ability to redirect to a remote Couch.