couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Garren Smith <gar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ASK] How to passing 1st view data to 2nd view??
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 07:00:33 GMT
Hi Polutan,

I don't know the full context of your problem. But I think you should be able to do something
like this:
Create a view with a map:

function (doc) {
	var t = new Date(doc['dateOfEntry');
	emit([doc.accountName, t.getFullYear(), t.getMonth(), t.getDay()], 1);
}

You would most likely have to create some if clauses to check the doc has all these values.

When you query the view you use the following parameters:
start_key = ["MyAccountName", 2013,1,1 ] - Change the date to be the start of time range that
you want your data for.
end_key = ["MyAccountName", 2013,12,31] - Again change the date range to suit your needs
include_docs = true - so you get the docs.

This should give you all the docs for your account in the specific date range.

Cheers
Garren

On 28 May 2013, at 5:49 PM, polutan <linspirell@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Garren
> Hi Garren :) thank you for your reply.
> But i still don't understand with your explanation. Please give me an
> example. I don't understand with ur statement " emit that date range as
> well as the account number" .
>
> Thank You :)
>

> 2013/5/22 Garren Smith <garren@apache.org>
>
>> Hi Polutan,
>>
>> I think you could get what you want by just using one view. For your view
>> keys emit that date range as well as the account number. Then when you do a
>> query of the data include the date range as well as the account number that
>> you want this data for. Couchdb will then return the balance sheet entries
>> for that date range belonging to your account number.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Garren
>>
>> On 22 May 2013, at 11:39 AM, polutan <linspirell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What??? I can't believe it :(
>>> So. any other alternative for my case?
>>>
>>> Thank You :)

>>> --
>>> *Coklat Stroberi -- Web Dev Training Centre*
>>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coklat-Stroberi/249514251728226  (info
>> lebih
>>> lanjut)
>>> http://coklatstroberi.net
>>> Jl. Raya Padang Luwih (Dalung) No.141 - Telp. (0361) 9006118 atau