couchdb-user mailing list archives

From andy e <virtuala...@gmail.com>
Subject Having trouble replicating with a large couch instance (npm repo)
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 03:30:39 GMT
Hi,

Based on the awesome feedback I got from the nodejs list (see
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nodejs/sX4mbsRPwls/WtDDE-To2o4J), we tried
replicating with their couch instance so we could use it in an offline
environment.

We're essentially following the instructions at
http://clock.co.uk/tech-blogs/how-to-create-a-private-npmjs-repository but
replication fails after syncing about 17k documents.

We've tried reinstalling couch (found one issue that suggested using a
patched version of SpiderMonkey) but the same thing keeps happening, even
after restarting replication several times.

Here's our setup:

CentOS 6.4
CouchDB 1.3
SpiderMonkey 1.8.5-7

Replication works fine for over 17,000 documents, then we see this error
and can't get past it:

[Sat, 11 May 2013 00:55:39 GMT] [error] [<0.12970.4>] Replicator: couldn't
write document `bufferhelper`, revision
`19-d339684ee7f5eaf4cc18d84da753832d`, to target database `registry`.
Error: `unauthorized`, reason: `Please log in before writing to the db`.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy