couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: music database
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 17:49:41 GMT
On 22 May 2013 15:46, Robin Qu <robinqu@gmail.com> wrote:
> And I am just curious about the outcome of accumulating a large amount of DB files in
TB size, full of music attachments. Think about data migrations, load balance of music file
streaming, and some other complicated logics concerning further processing of music files…...

> Couch will be a nice choice if you are playing around. In real production world? Think
again.

Or use bigcouch which will have no problems doing this. Or store your
media elsewhere and use couchdb for metadata. At the moment there's
not really enough information for us to give you solid advice on the
options!

A+
Dave