couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Myung <dmy...@dimagi.com>
Subject _changes feed with filter - does filter pick up deletions?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 20:09:03 GMT
Hi,
I've got a changes listener with a filter on it that checks:

return doc.doc_type == "foo";

If I delete a document matching that criteria, I'm observing that it never
gets emitted on that filtered changes feed with that criteria and the
{"deleted": true } block.

Is this expected behavior as designed?

I'd rather not have to scan the full changes feed to pick up deletions as
we are running all sorts of small filtered listeners that knowing of
deletion events at the filter itself would be preferable. But I can
understand if that's the case where for safety sake in a compaction
condition, the deleted doc's content may not be available to be used
against the filter.

Thanks,

Dan